28.9.10

Goodbye summer

Fall has arrived.
Signs of fall are starting to show themselves in Belgium: rain, cold nights, red leaves .. it's time to pack all my sundresses, bikini's, shorts in the back of my closet.  I am sad waving goodbye to my summercoats:


But happy to welcome autumn,
weatherwise I hate this season ( I am more of a surfer, nice sunsets, beach kinda girl) but fashionwise it's nice, one word : layers !
So many options for autumn outerwear: trench coats, leather jackets, cover-ups and what about......capes?  Every autumn they are back on the agenda as a major fashion trend. They  look sophisticated and add a chic touch to any outfit (unless you are wearing a vampire cape).





Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld once said : " An individual can improve her style, but it's better to be born with it "

I think Rachel Bilson, or better, her personal stylist, Nicole Chavez is born with it.  She manages to make Rachel look effortlessly cool in whatever outfit  (and it looks like she loves Belgian designers, wearing Maison Martin Margiela wedge booties, so we have to like her). Rachel looked amazing at DVF show last week and at the 40th anniversary of Roberto Cavali's label.  







That same Karl Lagerfeld said: " For a fabulous party you have to have the right people, the right place and the right reason ", Hmmm, I know the right people, no problem for the right reason ( I can find one) or the right place, but what about the right time ?  A Tuesday evening ?
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment