26.5.11

Who's that girl ?



So girls and boys, get ready for Krystl, a 27 year old singer/songwriter from Holland. This Carrie Bradshaw look-a-like (my opinion) is one of the characters in the spring campaign "Inspiring people" by  Dutch high-street brand "WE" fashion: real people with an interesting story.  And inspiring this girl is, because oh my, what a voice,..... just listening to her makes you feel happy.  She'll be featured in every WE store. Today, she visited Antwerp with an in-store gig.....




Catchy pop songs with a bit of soul, like this one :


Our short interview:

How did it all started ? 
I've been into music for the last 10 years, I was trained to be a dancer ... but they discovered I was musically talented ... I graduated at the conservatory, was a backing vocalist, songteacher ...and from there on it all started..... 
Who or what inspires you ? 
Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, Etta James, Amos Lee, lots of people inspire me ...and I get inspiration from my daily life...
Why do you think "WE fashion" wanted to collaborate with you ? 
Hmm, I don't know. My single "Golden days" was released and it went really well and then they contacted me, .....hm, I think because it's happy music  .... I have a distinctive style, I am just me and maybe people can relate to me
What does fashion mean to you ? 
I was not really interested in fashion before, but since I got asked by "We fashion" to be one of their characters for their spring campaign I was very honored. I love the brand. So now I am more aware of what I am wearing especially with all the performances . 
Did you choose the items of the spring collection that WE fashion advises for your character ? 
Oh yes, I am totally behind those looks, I love them. We had a fantastic collaboration.
What's your favorite outfit ?
I love jumpsuits, like the one I am wearing right now,little vests..... I love shorts and I really like color ! 
How would you describe your music ?
It's feel good music: pop, soul,  some ballads, .... it's just happy music


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment